Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a mechanic who'll do a complete valve seat job+a timing belt.(Charlotte NC) So far I have not lost a valve seat, but am not able to convince any mechanic or my church elder to do the job preemptively. They think that I cannot afford $1,000 for the job. However I cannot afford to continue to repair,replace,react. I have been through a motor mt, transmission mt, 3 sets of spark plugs, 3 sets of spar plug wires, an alternator, an ignition coil, egr tube,egr valve, oxygen sensor, 3 compression tests, a leakdown test, 2 batteries. That is more than a $1000. I've had stuttering and sputtering for the past 2 yrs. I've also lost confidence in driving. My church elder took it to his mechanic & had it thoroughly tested. All the tests were average, (because I stopped driving it) the perfect time to preeminently install new valve seats + and a timing belt. I might also need to find a machinist. An ounce of prevention is equal to a pound of cure. Also, the mechanics who have resisted to help me have driven it and it was fine to them.(or so they say), but they have driven it for about 40 miles. I have driven it for 64,000 miles. I thank God, for giving me the sensitivity to drive real light and to know when something isn't right, so that thus far I have not lost a valve seat. Also, is it necessary for me to have the cyclinder done.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts