Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help did google nothing shows up beside changing a fuel system. I thought I read it was turn the key don't crank hold it for 5 secs three times. Did this but um nothing really working car starts out good afr than leans out to --- afr just wanna know exactlly ?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
you have it right. you pressurizing it by turning the key 2 clicks to the accerssory postion, engine off. Wait a few seconds and then start it up.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
...um nothing really working car starts out good afr than leans out to --- afr just wanna know exactlly ?
It seems that you have a fuel system problem: weak pump, or clogged filter. How many seconds is the pump running? You should be able to hear it when you turn the key on. Mileage?

The first 2 are the most common issues. A bad fuel sensor and a bad fuel pump module could also cause the problem, but my bet is on a bad pump. I would suggest purchasing a filter first, but if the pump is bad- most fuel pump warranties require that you purchase and install a filter at the same time. It's smart to have the filter on the same receipt. Granted, it's not a bad thing to purchase 2 filters, nor expensive, so if the pump is not running for more than 3-5 secs when you turn the key to ON, you can swap in a filter, and if the pump is the real problem, just buy another one with the pump to use in 25k miles or 1 year- whichever comes first.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to make sure I pressurized it correctly, I swapped over to 60lb injectors. I appericate the feedback. Just wanted to make sure that it was pressurized correctly.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
What's your tuner telling you about getting it going for the first datalog?

You'll prob. need the base tune installed before it'll run well enough for a check.

What other Mods. are on it now to make the 60 lb. injectors necessary?

(can't just swap sizes there & have it run right)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It shouldn't be as lean as it is Tom says, he's lost internet due to the storm I cleaned it up some. the vacuum line off the Injector rail had a small pinch was causing it to read 10 vacuum that why I thought something was up vacuum back to normal around 18 idling.

Mods are GT35R Turbo, Tim fabbed up a Exhaust manifold for me supporting a gt35r with a 3" downpipe Along with all the other mods to help me reach 183whp while I was NA, cat cam top speed manifold 70mm tb and probably a lot more that I dont even want to recall throwing money at while I was trying to reach 200WHP while NA like a fool lol.... Came close but can't do it on pump gas.

Today our tuning day but he is still offline last night he was having internet problems.

I wasn't expect it to run right just swapping over to 60lbs It was at 10 vacuum and running rough, while running lean pass --- so over 18afr, but it gone and healthy now just waiting for an tune update

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Cool, you've got the worst of it figured out.

Sensor not happy without good reference pressure.

Figured there was more to the story than just throwing in injectors.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
that's sick you were putting a 183 whp down NA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts