Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I've been a member of the forum for years but never posted. I'm preparing to sell my 2003 Centennial Edition and wanted to get some feedback, so I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I bought it used in May 2005 with 8,600 miles on the odometer and have taken impeccable care of it over the years. I have also kept meticulous records with a several-inch thick binder of EVERY service record for over 12 1/2 years! It has various updates like brand new A/C condenser so the A/C now blows ICE cold (wasn't cheap), newer battery, newer tires, new engine mounts, new spark plugs, new EGR valve, new thermostat, and other various electrical and emission system updates. It now has approximately 213,000 miles on it and has been my daily driver since day 1. I decided to buy something newer which is why I'm parting with it, but the body is in excellent condition for its age and the engine still purrs!

I had a few questions for the forum:
- is there any demand for these?
- what would be a reasonable price?
- is there anyone in the forums who might be interested?

Thanks!
Darrin

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Sounds like you kept it up.....Some miles possibly mostly freeway thou. Is it a 23 or 20? Make a few more posts & get some pix going.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,086 Posts
Over 200K on the odometer, you'll be lucky to get 1k-2k, regardless of how well kept up it was. Granted you could start at 2400 or so and see if you get any bites. But a 14 year old car with high miles like that, won't get you much unless it goes to a family member or family friend that knows how it was driven.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Probably about $1000 at best. It might be worthwhile just to keep it as a beater car to drive in the snow, or on fishing trips, or pretty much anytime you want to avoid driving your ‘good’ car. That’s what I do with my focus anyway.

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
Do you have the commemorative centennial watch/key-chain to go with it?

Sadly, the car isnt a collectors item or anything extra special that would help its value. Anyone looking at it will just see the year and the mileage. Should still be a reliable car but it will not fetch a premium over the same year/mileage focus in similar condition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have the commemorative centennial watch/key-chain to go with it?

Sadly, the car isnt a collectors item or anything extra special that would help its value. Anyone looking at it will just see the year and the mileage. Should still be a reliable car but it will not fetch a premium over the same year/mileage focus in similar condition.
Sadly I don't have the watch & keychain, but I do have "The Ford Century" hardcover book!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI sold it for $2200 in February in the Toledo, OH area. Not bad considering the high mileage, but it was in excellent condition inside and out. I think my close proximity to Detroit helps--people appreciate Fords around these parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts