Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i just wanted to let everyone know that i just got the whole kit, after 4 boxes. every thing is here minus some bolt/nuts and spacer, but those will get ordered shortly!

here's the list tho of missing pieces...

1 - 6mm nut/washer (shown in Illustration C6)
1 - 5-1/4" x 5/16" Bolt( shown in Illustration C5)
2 - 5" x 5/16 Bolts (shown in Illustration C5)
1 - 6mm Stud and 2.880 Spacer (shown in Illustration C4)

3 - M8 Stud/Washer/8mm Nut (shown in Illustration C3)
3 - 0.750" Spacer (shown in Illustration C3)

as for the install itself, i wanted to gather all the parts needed to complete a couple install all at once.

there still some header pieces and same for the FMI(front mount intercooler)..

give me month and hopefully it ill be up and running.

ill post some picture of the parts i got, to give people a idea whats going on...

-Bunna

p.s. IM DEAD in the water on the gauges install.... wideband, boost, oil pressure, temp.. help and tips please.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Wideband and boost gauge install is easy. Here's what I did for my boost gauge:

I have a dual gauge pod for my full pillar so I tapped into the headlight switch and used the wire that controls the dimmer for power so when you dim the lights in your car, so will the boost gauge. The vac line all you have to do is find a vac source behind the TB and tee into that. Pretty simple.

The wideband you want to just tap into the ignition switch wire for power so it comes on with the key on. Then you just run the sensor to your cat and plug it in the rear o2 sensor hole. Make sure your tuner disables the rear o2 sensor.

And that's it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
And make sure you have the right size belt and ROUTE IT CORRECTLY! This will be a PITA if you don't do it right.

Are you running the 8 or 10psi pulley on the PC? And are you still going to use the stock crank pulley?

·
Registered
548 Posts
It came with the 2.55'' pulley. 10 psi SVT set up. Not sure what he'll produce on a ZeTec w/ a FMIC.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Only if you use a ORP you'll need to disable the rear O2.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You don't need the rear o2. You can use that slot for your wideband sensor instead of having to weld a new bung for it. Here is what Focussport has on their site for that:

This option will disable the second O2 sensor on your exhaust system. On a stock Focus, this sensor is responsible for monitoring the health of your catalytic converter. If you are using a hollowed-out cat, an off-road pipe, race header, or anything else that eliminates or nullifies the effects of the catalytic converter, then this option is for you. If you still have a healthy catalytic converter, but you plan on changing that soon, I also recommend this option, as it does not hurt the catalytic converter, nor does it hurt performance. If you use this option, you will not need a so-called "O2 Sensor Emulator", "MIL Eliminator" or anything of the sort. This option keeps the check engine light from coming on due to a problem with the second O2 Sensor.
If you are using the 2.55 pulley you are going to be looking at around 12-15 psi on a regular zetec I think. The 3.2" pulley is 10 psi on a zetec and the 3.4 is 8 psi. If you are going to be running stock internals you may want to tone it down to 10 psi.

·
Registered
548 Posts
As long as you use a CAT the wideband must be installed upstream from the CAT.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
As long as you use a CAT the wideband must be installed upstream from the CAT.
So what will happen if it's plugged in the rear o2 sensor slot? Will the readings be different? I had asked Tom this many times when I installed mine and he said it was fine to use that slot so now I'm confused.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I would'nt think that it would be alright but if Tom says thats its ok I"m sure its fine but to me I would'nt think that it would give you that accurate of a reading from that spot it is a easy spot to use ecspecially if your not using your second O2 sensor but for a accurate reading then I do think needs to be in front of the cat any unburned gas will surly be burned by the cat altering your A/F ratio. But thats just my thoughts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well im planning on running 2 o2, a front and a rear... the front where the wideband will be at.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how would i turn down the boost on it without changing pulleys? or is there just no way around it, have to change out the pulley.

my internal is dead stock... only have bolt onz.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
later on, what is needed to change out to run the 2.55 pulley?

whatk ind of internal is needed to be changed to run a 12-15 psi?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yeah since the PC is belt driven, the pulleys are the only way to change boost. As foar as more boost you would need a stronger head, rods, pistons, etc.

I only say to watch out cuz I haven't seen a regualr zetec with a PC running more than 12 psi and I think the guy had stock internals, not sire though. Just do a search you'll find something. 10psi on a regular zetec might give you about 200 hp.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, thanks man.... on monday im gunna call ati and get some parts to complete my kit and then ask for the 10psi pulley.

·
Registered
784 Posts
if you have the 2.55 pulley and stock over drive pulley then you will be at 10psi. i peaked at 11psi at 7200rpm and that was on the 2.55 and stock ODP.

make sure you put the spacers on the correct way when installing the pulley on to the PC shaft and use a ruler to line up the PC pulley to the acc. pulleys, if not you will be going through belts daily. trust me, took me 4 belts to get it right.

also the belt has to be the right length, the best belt i had on it was a Dayco 5061010, very strong, and never slipped.

other then that its simple to install, good luck on the install.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah but your running a svt motor with the svt procharger, im running a svt procharger with a zetec motor....

ill keep all that in mind about the install and linning up of the pulleys....

thanks man

1 - 20 of 28 Posts