Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 duratech and i am wanting to know the steps from just finding out about performance tuning to having a finished product (my car fully tuned and ready to go). where to buy? what to buy? recommendations? pros and cons? the whole 9 yards. how would my car differ from stock to tuned? i have no knowledge on the subject at all[???:)]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
assuming you are non boosted, you can contact Tom aka 1turbofocus on here. he does remote tuning for your vehicle. it costs 400 bucks and that includes the tuner. and you get free updates as long as you stay NA.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
A lot of people go with a STC excal III tuner, with a program from one of the many fine companies on here. A basic tune only runs about $350-400 and will give you probably 5WHP increase, but will be higher with other mods like a cold air intake and exhaust. Tom is the guy you would want to ask, as he does programming and other engine related goodness. I'm sure he will pop up to help answer your questions.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Intake & exhaust to take advantage of a tune 1st!

i have a 2005 duratech and i am wanting to know the steps from just finding out about performance tuning to having a finished product (my car fully tuned and ready to go). where to buy? what to buy? recommendations? pros and cons? the whole 9 yards. how would my car differ from stock to tuned? i have no knowledge on the subject at all[???:)]
You'd be better off going w/ a SRI=short ram intake, like Steeda's or a CAI=cold air induction, like Focuswerk's. You try beathing thru that box you have! With one of thou's your going to see a difference. Then you can add a exhaust system= mandrel bent tubing/2.25-2.50'' diameter, some are stainless steel. I'd do these basic upgrade's first, to get the advantage of a tune. Tom's tune, Focuswerk's are the 2 main tune people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts