Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Predator with Tom's tune....I had to put the tune back to stock the other day....I replaced my old SRI with a new SRI (Steeda)...after I swapped SRIs, my SVTF wouldn't start...I checked everything still wouldn't start...I had to put the stock tune back on the SVTF and it started first time...so I'm running the stock RLA6 tune...need to go back to Tom's tune...I forgot what fuses to pull (I don't have traction control)...I need to try one more time before I call Tom. Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was baffled as well...I tried everything...double checked every connection....wouldn't start until I flashed the old tune on it then no problem....started the first time. I'm going to try and reflash tonight or tomorrow....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you know...after installing the Steeda SRI, my SVTF wouldn't start so I had to reflash it with the RLA6...let me tell you.....I forgot what a difference Tom's tune makes in the car....I've had Tom's tune for about 2 years now...I had been lulled into thinking all SVTFs run the way mine does...After having to drive my SVTF with the old flash for 22 hrs., I was ready to trade it in...even my son who is 15 and is driving with his permit said to me last night before I reflashed that I should change the Steeda SRI because it sucked...I asked him why and he said the power is gone and the rpms don't rev as nicely...it even sounds different...so he drove to soccer practice and I dropped him off and went home and anxiously reflashed it with Tom's flash and went back to pick my son up from practice and driving home, he wondered what I had done???[???:)] So we drove home the long way and he said the old SVTF is back...he thought it was faster, ran more smoothly and sounded better....

So, it's good to have my old SVTF back...Thanks to Tom...I took the long back roads to work this morning and I'm back in love with my SVTF....so if now someone asks what is the best mod, in my opinion, Tom's Tune...[thumb] [thumb]

Tom's Tune is more then just h.p. gained...it's definately overall driveability....I wouldn't care if I lost a few h.p. The car is a much more enjoyable to drive...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Let me tell you that I researched the various tunes/tuners out there and I chose Tom's tune and have never regretted the decision. GREAT TUNE...GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I've had it now for almost 2 yrs and it still puts a big grin on my face. When my computer crashed I had lost the tune and he was gracious enough to send me another one and answer my questions about the Predator. I'm not one to give unearned praise, but Tom, you're the man![thumb]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well BLURRY maybe you could use the Steeda tune when you know your son will have the car. You know like a valet or granny mode !! [:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts