Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to bring my idle up to 1000 rpm. the reason is my alternator isnt putting out enough voltage at 900 rpm and i am tired of my lights flickering. when i bring it up to 1k it stops. this is a temporary fix for the flickering until my new alternator comes in. can you adjust idle speed with the predator?

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
If you bought your Pred through Tom he might be able to refine your tune for nothing.

Are you running your A/C or defroster controls when this happens? Stock SVTs will do this when those controls are active.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it happens when all accessories are off. all of my connections are solid, i have also upgraded all power cables/grounds. has anybody installed an upgraded alternator and cured this?

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Have you tried checking the condition of the alternator wiring harness? Those usually tend to break before the alternator goes.

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
If you got the Pred from me I will be glad to raise the idle for you , If you didnt and have the Diablo STD Performance tune for 125.00 you can get my custom tune with better performance gaines and raised idle

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts