Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a predator chip, but the settings are locked. The tuner was lost at the car dealership were i got the car. I dont now what to do about getting it unlock.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
the tuner is locked to another car. you got screwed. you will have to send it in to have it professionaly unlocked $$$. good luck.

[welcome] to focusfanatics.com
be sure to click on the link in my signiture [thumb]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just a question , so a tuner can only be used on one car . If i buy one i cant use it on my friends car , is that correct??

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
terrasmak said:
Just a question , so a tuner can only be used on one car . If i buy one i cant use it on my friends car , is that correct??
You can as long as the "origional backup" is put back into the origional car this unlocks the Predator , It can only tune 1 car at a time

Tom

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
or have the person that you bought it off of put his stock tune back into his car to unlock the preditor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got it at a dealership and they dont have the tuner, and the guy that traded it in said he left it with the car, but it wasnt in there, so noboby nows were it is. I was wanting to get a procharger and i need to get it unlocked so i can tune it to the procharger.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Now wait , do you have a Predator with the car or no?

If no then what is locked?

If you have a Predator tune in your car then the ECU isnt locked and you can just go over the top of the tune that is there and it will become you "origional backup"

Are you in NC Im located just out side Charlotte

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am located in Salisbury NC about a hour from Charlotte. I dont now if you know him but i have Robert Palmers old car from Concord NC. There is a pradtor chip but the tuner has been lost, and the settings are locked to that tuner.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
I still dont see the problem , If your going to tune the car it only means you have to buy another Predator , When you go to install the new tune it will keep the tune that is now in your SVT as the origional back up and your new tune will get installed. Who is tuning your ProCharger for you ?

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont now who is goin to tune the procharger yet , i havent thought that far ahead, i just been tryin to figure out what I need to do to unlock the chip. I was told that i couldnt tune my chip to the procharger unless it was unlocked. That is were I am now.

Thanks...Josh

·
Registered
666 Posts
No no no, the PREADTOR is locked. The guy that HAD the car has a locked predator (well, its locked to your ECU/ VIN - the person that presumably took the predator is the one with the issue, not you). The tune in your car is going to be your origional backup. Instead of having the RLA6 or YRFO or ZEDO code (it on the passenger door jam) you have a predator custom tune/ performance tune. You can write right over that.

Think of it like this....the tune in my car is a predator tune from Ray at McNews Automotive...the ORIGIONAL tune was from Tom (1Turbofocus)...Ray wrote over that tune. When Tom did the origional tune, it didnt lock. Now, if I ever loose my predator, or it gets damaged, I would buy a new predator and have my custom tune that is in my ECU loaded into my predator and I'd be good to go.

What you need to do is get a predator from Tom with his Performance Tune...from that point on, it can be used as a tuner for whatever tune you want. Each time, it removes the old custom tune and puts in a new one. Dont worry that you have a tune in the car now, you'll just write over it.

Have the dealer give you the $$ to buy a predator since its supposed to be with the car....if its part of the deal, they owe you one, or owe you the money to get one....

...does that make sense?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts