Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does my t28 that comes with the precision turbo kit have so many lines running off it.....i am trying to hook it up.....it looks like they are 2 oil feeds 1 coolant feed and 1 return oil feed.....i need help withthis install.....asap thanx

·
Registered
666 Posts
Top is oil feed, bottom is oil return...the two sides are coolant in, coolant out. You could run them to the lines going to the heater core IIRC. Just cut a line, one end goes in the turbo, one goes out of the turbo and back to the coolant system. Basically, just put the turbo in between a coolant line, then extend the lines. Make sense?

Does it have to be liquid cooled? My T3 Super 60 from Tom isnt liquid cooled.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it doesn't have to be. it usually makes for a longer living turbo though because a lot of heat gets removed through the bearings that way. but with proper maintenance, there's no reason that an oil cooled turbo can't last 100k miles

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your a life saver.......makes a lot of sense......so all i have to do is blck off the 2 side ones and connect oil and i am good to go?......do you kno what size the top one and the 2 sides are?.....that would really help considering i dont have a car runing right now.....thanx

·
Registered
305 Posts
There are many on here that know more about turbo setups than me. But why would you possibly not want to hook up the coolant lines? The turbo has provisions for it. It was designed with water cooling in mind. It isnt hard to hook up.....Yes many turbos last a long, long time with only oil lubricating/cooling but to my knowledge, they were designed that way. I guess I jsut dont get why you are trying to avoid it. But good luck either way.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i am going to turn around and do it...i just need a how to....does it matter what coolan lines you tap into/.?.....i kno it is simple.....but i am a novice at best with this....just trying something.....i alrady have another block waiting for this to blow

·
Registered
666 Posts
zx5kidd03 said:
your a life saver.......makes a lot of sense......so all i have to do is blck off the 2 side ones and connect oil and i am good to go?......do you kno what size the top one and the 2 sides are?.....that would really help considering i dont have a car runing right now.....thanx
No idea. There has to be a place you can go to get fittings. Just take your turbo in, get an AN fitting for the turbo with a fitting for an oil feed line. As far as the return, mine is a large "nipple" with a rubber hose going to the pan. My turbo came with everything though...

Didnt precision send you the fittings and instructions? If not, a quick call will get you the right stuff.

Re: Cooling, if Tom doesnt use the water cooling, Im sure theres a reason. If its of utmost importance, he'd certainly see fit to hook it up...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
had it then blew the motor....somethings went with the block cause i thought i was done with it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts