Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so right now i have a 65 shot on my focus. i am gonna be having a powerworks installed on my car in a couple of months and i dont wanna get rid of the shot.

is it safe to do this?

is it tunable so that i can switch it from just supercharger to supercharger + nitrous?

are the gains worth it?

thanks i searched thru this section and couldnt find anything.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Either me or Goatroper will let you know in the very near future.

I was supposed to find out tonight...but technical issues kept the bottle out of the car........

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok sweet. please keep me posted.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why do you say that?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
The blower will LOVE the nitrous. I have two friends with blown nitrous set-ups. One is on a TRD blower on a truck with a direct port 100 shot. It is MEAN, but he has a built engine. The toyota motor did survive about a year in stock form, but his EGT on the nitrous was way to high. He didn't know it at the time. An adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a fatter fuel jetting on the nitrous fixxed that.
I would personally down-size the nitrous ( like a 35 shot ) with the blower. It will make more than 35 with the FI. Also, you are starting to ask alot of stock pistons.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
I would jet it down to start and get a tuner that you can put a fat fuel tune in. This WILL void you warranty though.

Both Venom and I are going Direct Port so we will have slightly bigger shots available.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yeah, my friend was spraying through the blower at first and the nose bearing went out, we are not sure if the nitrous caused it or not. I talked to Eaton at the SEMA show and they weren't sure if there blowers nose bearings could be affected by nitrous ( that made me feel good LOL ). So he is now direct port as well. It works great when the tires hook.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not gonna be doing this on a stock motor haha. that would be a terrible idea.

·
Registered
96 Posts
besthaticouldo said:
im not gonna be doing this on a stock motor haha. that would be a terrible idea.
i think it will be ok for a while as long as you have a good tune and gauges to keep you informed of whats going on. if you can get a built motor it would be peace of mind

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o i will have a built shortblock and a ported head. so its not gonna be a stock motor :).

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, thats why hooray for focus-power 2.3L stroker and ported head.

i am planning 2.3L stroker, ported head, mcnews supercharger cams, full 2.5 inch exhaust, powerworks supercharger with big boost kit and CFM overdrive pully for mondo boost. o and a LSD, spec stage II+ clutch and flywheel. thats my plan, but i wanna add the nitrous on top of that for the fun factor and i already have it so why not use it.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
^ nice setup...definitly do the + side of that clutch setup though...if you were going to leave a stock block with any setup i would do it on this one...eaton is the safest fi imo because of the gradual increase instead of spikes...and if you spray say.. 3-5k and leave it alone, seems like a fairly safe add in power...i wouldnt do it unless i was extremely rich and bored lol but still, seems to be the safest serious power adder combo...*SSPAC*

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea thats my idea.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea lets hope it all works out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts