...is a better bang for the buck
...gives the highest hp out of the box
...is easier to install
...has more potential
...responds better to mods

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
id go Roush, Steeda dynoed a stock zx3 at 205hp and 215ftlb of torque. And Powerworks i see a lot of 200hp and 180 ftlb of torque. if i could id buy the turbo. But im looking at a custom built one from www.Xiosmotorworks.com

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
I raced a Roush turbo back when I was NA and it was door to door.

It wouldn't stand a chance against my current PW setup

·
FF Affiliate
30,966 Posts
Man where do i start , "I raced a Roush turbo back when I was NA and it was door to door. all i can say to this is either he couldnt drive or was having issues , there is no way a NA focus will hang with a 230/230 Turbo focus AINT GONA HAPPEN

As for the www.Xiosmotorworks.com wouldnt even bee in the running for FI if i was looking , you dont want to mount a turbo 3 feet from the Exh ports

To answer your questions
**Turbo by far and the rest of your questions will answer why

**Turbo no other FI on a Focus has given the numbers of a Turbo and none can

...is easier to install
**Easy of install is close but i think the easiest would be the ProCharger and turbo second

...has more potential
**By far the Turbo

**Again the Turbo

I gave rides to people after climbing out of the PW car and into my Focus 9 out of 10 said day and night Diff from 3000 on , and thats with the PW car with 1 Pass and mine with 3

Turbo will allways be the best for the questions you asked and you asked the right questions

Tom

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo goatroper, what exactly is your current powerworks setup?

·
FF Affiliate
30,966 Posts
Here is another reason not to go PW , anytime you move the oil filter or add in oil lines at the filter like a romote mount your asking for more issues

--------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:30 am Post subject: To make a long story short...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driving on freeway. Noticed no oil pressure. Pulled over. Oil line to remote filter had come off. Fixed oil line. Filled with oil. Wouldn't turn over. Towed it to Dave's. Washed oil off car. Tried to turn over by hand. Engine was seized. _________________

2000 Autumn Orange ZX3
Stereo, Suspension, Boost, Brakes
Founding member of Team Bootyspeed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont know whoos fault it was or why it happened the fact is it happened remote filters suck anf if some one wants to dig up the old post where i said , the remote filter will cause some engine loss ,

Tom

·
Registered
60 Posts
What about the precision kit??? Are there any deals on a roush kit goin on anywhere? I'm still trying to decide which kit to buy.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Turbo.

..and I agree with Tom, there is no way an NA focus could TOUCH a 230/230 turbo car (that was tuned and in tip top shape). Are you sure he wasnt driving in reverse, or perhaps he started in 5th?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I have to say turbo as well.....

341whp cant be that wrong :D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
imprtslyr0223 said:
which...

...is easier to install
...has more potential
the turbo is always going to be better, upgradable, not easier to install, but has a lot more potetial!!!!
I, of course, went with Roush, and no, i did not have no 205 outa the box, lik steeda says, that just helps them sell the kit!!!
no after i got it tuned with Tom, am way over that 205hp, on stock internals too. oh yeah and tell me what looks better??

or

all this with my hks ssqv...ooooweeeee
banabopbopbop.......iim loving it
good luck to you though

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
A kid at the track the other day had a roush turbo, and was running 15.8. But to be fair, he had just got the turbo on, and before the turbo he had a JRSC which blew his engine. So I'm pretty sure after the new engine and turbo setup, he just wasnt able to get it tuned yet. That's the only explaination I could think of for the times.

I'd go with the roush.

·
Registered
44 Posts
But that is a $800 dif is there? If u got a pw with the cams from zx3tuning then you would be at around 250 whp and 240 tq. I am new to the foci FI so I don't really know much just thought that those #'s are better than the roush turbo's.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think i'm gonna end up going with roush. even though both produce great numbers, i feel like a turbo is going to produce more tq from what i've found.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
damnit! why wont the roush fit the svt? simply cuz the TB position? and is the roush still emissions legal?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
from what i've read is that the roush CAN be emissions legal, but isn't carb certified. don't really know exactly what carb means and hopefully someone else can answer this. but i think all you need to pass emissions is to have a cat. and i know you can fit a r/t cat onto the downpipe of the roush kit. it's also different for each state though. it's pretty much illegal to do any modifications, but the cops will usually leave you alone unless you're being an idiot.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
aiden1983 said:
But that is a $800 dif is there? If u got a pw with the cams from zx3tuning then you would be at around 250 whp and 240 tq. I am new to the foci FI so I don't really know much just thought that those #'s are better than the roush turbo's.
But you would be out another $800 or so for the cams, installation, and tuning... am from what I was told the cams are NOT a simple swap.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
C.A.R.B.

California Air Regulations Board.

if something is C.A.R.B. certified then is almost always 50 state legal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
But you would be out another $800 or so for the cams, installation, and tuning... am from what I was told the cams are NOT a simple swap.
I have done cams before and they were not that hard to do at all. And if u upgrade the turbo you still have to get it tuned so I dont really factor that into the price for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts