Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the maximum hp you could produce using the powerworks kit if you had the bbk and other mods. i'm thinking about finishing up my exhaust with 2 1/2" flex and r/t cat to mate up with my borla along with the svt header kit. what else would be needed? is any head or internal work necessary or is powerworks a kit that really can't be upgraded that much?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
You start pushing the limits of the stock engine underneath it. V6focus has made about 270HP to the wheels with his, but using an SVT block and a head and some other bits.. ANY boost responds well to a good exhaust!

·
Registered
44 Posts
CenCalfocus said:
with all the boltons and the power works whats the WHP looking at???
What bolt-ons r u talking about? CAI, headers, exhaust, What else? That seems pretty good if thats all u need to get 245.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Seems a little low considering on a "stock" focus PW claims 220whp.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I plan on getting around 300 whp with my PW kit.

FR head, built motor 9:1 compression with a BBK from Massive Speed, and POSSIBLY a 5.7 crank pulley (the crank pulley is iffy)

·
Registered
842 Posts
so with a built engine, dropped engine compression, smaller blower pulley, larger crank pulley, and nitrous, can 400whp be had?

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
Yeah, but probably not on pump gas. In my opinion the ideal CR for a PWSC car is around 9.5 to 1. Going lower will only make you lose power.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
bryanjw82 said:
so with a built engine, dropped engine compression, smaller blower pulley, larger crank pulley, and nitrous, can 400whp be had?

Well, on my setup, after we hit 300 whp...we gonna throw a 100 shot on top of that [thumb]

I dont think its possible to hit 400hp without nitrous with the PW kit.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Lil_RedZX3 said:
Yeah, but probably not on pump gas. In my opinion the ideal CR for a PWSC car is around 9.5 to 1. Going lower will only make you lose power.
I will be at 9.2-1, I did not want to over do it on spray and with Massive's two different stages of PowerWorks pulleys ON TOP OF the full porting job, I wanted to minimize the risk of deto.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Scott you better hook me up with a ride in that thing! remember you said you would!!!!![:D]

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so is it possible to hit 300whp on 93 octane with the pw kit, and what mods would need to be done?

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
imprtslyr0223 said:
so is it possible to hit 300whp on 93 octane with the pw kit, and what mods would need to be done?
I expect to be in that neighborhood; you would be looking at a fully ported head, fully ported PW manifold, race header, a good tune, maybe cams and on a Zetec a built bottom end otherwise things will go "snappy"

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that's about what i was thinking. with a mod list of the frpp p&p head, eagle 9.0:1 pistons, crower rods, zx3tuning cams, cam gears, 3 inch exhaust, and the pw kit with bbk. what could be expected from all of this?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts