Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife (ZX3_Chick) and I have had our Powerworks kit on for about two weeks now and I thought I'd share my views on the kit.

Purchase: I purchased our kit from CFM. They were great to deal with. I would reccomend them to everyone. I got the kit in 2 or 3 days after purchase, which was great IMO.

Packaging: The kit came packaged very well. It comes in two large boxes. Both boxes will fit in a ZX3 though as long as you don't have anyone in the back seats.

Instructions: Although I didn't do the install myself, I did read the directions over. They were very good, had pictures throughout.

Install: I didn't do the install myself. I had my friend Ian Saville (v6focus' brother) install the kit as he had already installed two kits previously. Ian didn't have any problems installing the kit. All the parts were there in the box.

Looks: The kit looks nice underhood. Everything fits well. It almost looks stock if you don't own a Focus.

Driving: I am extremely happy with the way this kit makes the car drive. The driveability is just like stock when you aren't boosting it. You can "lug" it around town at low rpms all day long. When the boost comes on, the torque down low is pretty good. From 4,000 rpms and up the car pulls really hard. It will hit the rev limiter in 1st extremely fast, before you can shift. Overall it made the car a ton more fun to drive.

Sound: I love the blower whine[:D]

Customer Service: I had 1 part that was faulty with the kit. I called Powerworks and they had me the part the next day!!! And that was from Michigan. That is really good customer service!

Price: I paid $3084 shipped for the kit. I don't think you can beat the performance and quality for the price. I would reccomend the kit to anyone that can afford it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the evaluation! One of my concerns with a roots blower was that it would run out of boost too soon and be flat on top, nice to hear that if anything it helps most where the stock motor runs out of breath (up in the revs.)

Denny, FI coming soon...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll second that. I just finished the install and it sure is nice. I have a small oil leak from the relocation by the engine block . Should take me a couple of hours if I have to take out the alteranator and bracket.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
awesome write up Aaron, i really wish I could jump on those while they are this price, but alas, i have no money. (soooooooooo, can I borrow $3000??)

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
viney266 said:
Sure at 25 % interest!
^^^

I have driven several and agree with Aaron completely. Very nice down low and very quick up top. A very well built blower.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Definitly agree. And we fight over who is gonna drive it constantly.[:)]

I love the power and the whine especially. I don't even need a radio anymore cause everytime I take off I turn the volume down just to listen to it.

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
Lil_RedZX3 said:
Purchase: I purchased our kit from CFM. They were great to deal with. I would reccomend them to everyone. I got the kit in 2 or 3 days after purchase, which was great IMO.
Thank you very much! ENJOY! [thumb]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts