Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone 馃檪

I currently have a 2002 SE and I really like the 2012-14 Titanium. But I've come across all these videos on YouTube about the transmission issues. Have they been fixed? Was there a proper "recall"? I really love the car but I cannot afford to be breaken down, let alone pay thousands of dollars for repairs.

Should I just forget about getting a newer Focus i.e. Titanium and cry, or, have the issues been fixed given that we're now in 2018?

I really do appreciate your time and knowledge guys. Please go easy on me. I'm still learning 馃檪

Sincerely,

Diane 馃檪

Registered
Diane: It's a hard call--I have had 5 clutches & 1 TCM ,,now at 95k---who knows if this is this fix..seems to be a lot on the road still---mine is a 2012---Tom on here says he has the software fix..( I haven't tried it so don't know about it) As far as Ford complaints have dropped but still unknown if it is the final fix.

Registered
On the other hand, I've got a 2013, we bought it used with 16000. It had the clutch packs changed under warranty around 23000. Around 45000 it had some transmission codes when my wife was doing mostly city driving.

I do mostly highway driving, so I started driving it to work a couple of days and the code cleared after a couple of days and never came back. I have just under 89000 miles and it's been happy since then.

Part of that I think plays into these is you have to watch how you drive it. There's a thread on here, but these transmissions are basically a stick shift shifted by a computer (the tcm). But you have to watch, if you learn to drive it smoothly, it seems like the car behaves well.

I haven't tried it, but a lot of guys say that Tom's tune really helps. The Ford dealer told me that they now warranty the transmission to 100000, and the tcm to 150000. But I'm very happy with my car. I do 75% highway driving and average 35mpg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts