Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed that the front passenger & rear passenger power windows on my 2012 Focus work only intermittently. Has anyone had these issues?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Windows

Yep....RR window over summer...there is a process on resetting it....dealer showed me ( call them) Fine now GL ( the Ford Ghost at work again)[deviltail]

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Today I noticed that the front passenger & rear passenger power windows on my 2012 Focus work only intermittently. Has anyone had these issues?
Have you had the chance to talk with your dealer about this? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wednesday evening I opened my "auto down" driver's window to show my ID. The window would not close. The other windows operated normally. I tried restarting, checked the control button multiple times, but nothing. Thankfully I have a garage.

Thursday morning I started the car and the window operated just fine, and has continued to do so. Ford Service Advisor checked but could find no TSB.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on? Thanks everyone.

Also....T. G. I. F. !!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wednesday evening I opened my "auto down" driver's window to show my ID. The window would not close. The other windows operated normally. I tried restarting, checked the control button multiple times, but nothing. Thankfully I have a garage.

Thursday morning I started the car and the window operated just fine, and has continued to do so. Ford Service Advisor checked but could find no TSB.

Also....T. G. I. F. !!
This is almost exactly what happened to me. I used the auto-down buttons for both passenger windows, but they wouldn't come back up when I tried to raise them. I thought the driver's window buttons might be the culprit so I sat in the front & back passenger seats & tried those buttons while the car was running but the result was the same. I finally got the windows up after about 10 minutes of trying the buttons. It does not seem like the window motors are bogging down, so the problem seems to be an electrical connection issue rather than a motor issue because the windows will raise & lower at the normal speed. The problem is that the windows will only raise & lower in small increments, & will not move consistently when the buttons are pressed. I'm not very optimistic about the problem if you already talked to a dealer & they had no solution.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts

Also....T. G. I. F. !!
Hi there,

I want to see how I can best assist. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
747 Posts
Mine did this. Additionally if you looked closely the controls were actually blinking on and off. If anyone knows the reset procedure I'd be very interested as I'm out of my bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Was happening to mine for a while. I would let the window down and drive. When I was ready to close it nothing, wouldn't go back up. I turned the car off a few times and after a few it would work normally. Couldn't duplicate it so the shop could see because it was very random. Then on day it wouldn't respond at all. The regulator went out. Has worked perfect since they replaced it.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Saturday afternoon: drivers window opened, will not close.
Sunday morning: window operates "within specs" i.e. It closed" !
Had this problem last week, it was the window switch regulator that was bad (working intermittently).

Got it replaced for free from the dealer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had this problem last week, it was the window switch regulator that was bad (working intermittently).

Got it replaced for free from the dealer.
Thanks. Was the defective regulator in the driver door or in one of the other doors? The problem persists when using the switches on the driver door & the passenger doors to raise/lower the windows on the passenger side doors.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Thanks. Was the defective regulator in the driver door or in one of the other doors? The problem persists when using the switches on the driver door & the passenger doors to raise/lower the windows on the passenger side doors.
Only front passenger switch was working intermittently but i could raise or lower the passenger window without any problems with driver controls.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a regulator replaced from the dealer. Mine would stop work randomly, wouldn't roll up if down or down if up. That was from the drivers or passenger side switches for the passenger side window

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a regulator replaced from the dealer. Mine would stop work randomly, wouldn't roll up if down or down if up. That was from the drivers or passenger side switches for the passenger side window
Was the defective regulator in the driver door or the passenger door? My issue sounds exactly like yours.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Mine did this. Additionally if you looked closely the controls were actually blinking on and off. If anyone knows the reset procedure I'd be very interested as I'm out of my bumper to bumper warranty.
Hi there,

Have you been to your dealer to have this looked at? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hi there,

Have you been to your dealer to have this looked at? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan
Dealer was the one who reset it a year ago when it happened. I should have asked how they did it. Hasn't happened since, but they didn't replace anything so it could happen again. Whatever the procedure was, it was quick and easy to do.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Dealer was the one who reset it a year ago when it happened. I should have asked how they did it. Hasn't happened since, but they didn't replace anything so it could happen again. Whatever the procedure was, it was quick and easy to do.
Oh! I'm glad to hear that you're not currently experiencing the concern. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was the defective regulator in the driver door or the passenger door? My issue sounds exactly like yours.

The regulator was in the passenger side. I had one dealer lube the guides and said nothing was wrong. Took it later to another dealer and the replaced the regulator. Haven't had a problem since

1 - 20 of 20 Posts