Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever added the power window or mirror option to non power vehicles. I have found someone with doors that have both power windows and mirrors (which would also allow me to finally paint my mirrors and still drive my car) for a really decent price. I was wondering if anyone knew if the harnes for cars without power have the connections for this stuff tucked away some where or would I have to wire them up by myself?

·
Registered
909 Posts
You would have to re-wire/swap everything from the donor car to yours including the GEM.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
well seeing i'm doing that to wagon 2 heres what i know

#1 Check the fusebox to see if the fuses for powerwindow/mirrors has the wiring behind it
if not you will need to swap your dash harness or custom wire it
#2 you will need to get the relay cluster for them
#3 you will need to get the door harness's from a 4 door with the needed plugs
#4 you will need to replace all 4 doors window tracks and regulators for the power windows
#5 you will need to replace all the door skins ( if you can find them) that has the handle plates for the power window switch's
#6 you will need the express window relay for the driver door
#7 need all the Correct switch's

Im replacing my interior anyways to black so the holes in my door skins are going to be patched and recovered

XD needless to say its going to take 2-3 doner cars on the forums to collect all the parts.. the wiring from the 2 door Focus will work but the tracks will not

if you wanna come down and check out the car Im doin your welcome to but this won't be happening till summer..

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I recently added power windows to my zx3, and I made my own wiring harness for the whole thing. As with every DIY mod, it all depends on your experiance and comfort working on cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts