Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear power windows just stopped working in my 03 SE, both sides. The front and rear up/down buttons don't do anything; there's no sound at all.

I checked the fuse and it's fine, and then after using a tester it seems there's no power getting to that fuse. The front windows work fine (as you know there's a separate fuse for the front windows).

Everything else in the car works fine. Any idea what is going on and how can I fix it?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
i have the same problem.wont work with front switch or back swith.i did change front switch.
So what? All windows do not work, even the back windows if using the switches on back doors?

You have an electrical problem, so you need a multimeter to find-out why the control voltage is not getting to each window motor. Replacing the master switch without doing any multimeter tests is silly.

Have you checked the health of fuse-54 and 55?

·
Registered
4 Posts
both fuse were ok. changed just in case.also put front passenger switch that is working on rear window but did not work on rear,put rear switch on front and it worked

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
You have an electrical problem, so you need a multimeter to find-out why the control voltage is not getting to each window motor.
On my car, the power for the rear windows goes thru the Master switch before also going to the rear switches. I would test to see if you have (rear window) power at fuse-54 or at the master switch (as a first step).

Using this 2004 wire diagram is risky; your car may be wired different.->
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwoYnd3KRtjcX0UtQTdZbmhfVXM&authuser=0
Follow path of wire for Fuse-54.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My windows doesn't work at all. Focus 2005 4 doors. The main switch it's ok. I have to wait 15 min to make the windows switch work. When I pass the key , no lights on the main switch, then the red light comes on and after the green and done, the windows working fine...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts