Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up my car from the dealership yesterday after they replaced the seals and clutch and it's driving better.

However, one thing I noticed was that the one-up and one-down power windows no longer work! I've made an appointment with the dealership but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That's one you can 'reprogram" yourself, exact details should be in the manual.

Can't remember them right now, it gets mentioned often here. Basically run the window to it's limit & hold the switch for a bit, then run it to the other limit & do the same.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have had this happen 3 times and every time it drove me up the wall. i know how to reprogram them myself but i shouldn't have to.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yeah that happened to me last year. The stealership said I did not have that option only on the titanium. I logged online here and fixed it while I blocked his service lane. I told the service advisor your nothing but a glorified parts changer. Lets just say piss poor training and one angry consumer :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
My auto down feature also stopped working after the latest clutch TSB. However, after several restarts it started working again randomly and continues to work. Maybe they reset the BCM (body control module) and it needed to be power cycled a few times? Who knows.

As far as the TSB, clutch drove very poorly for the first 1000 miles (i went on a road trip to utah immediately after having the TSB done), but after 4000 miles the transmission is working as good as the day I bought it in 2011. Let's hope it stays that way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts