Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to change there power window motor? Or had the cable get messed up? I'm in need of help!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can hear the motor working its just not moving the window uip or down. the regulator cables are all twisted it looks like. I ordered the parts from mike at hillbish to do the replacment. Hope it wont be to big a pain to change. I got a couple guys from the forum gonna give me a hand. shouldnt be to bad.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I replaced two of them on an 00 Focus over past 2 years. Not just the motor but the entire unit - window regulator. Bad design and easy to replace. Usually the cables twist and snap, sounds like a gun going off in your car. I've also converted an 07 and 09 Focus with manual windows to power (aftermarket) and conversions are time consuming. But replacing the existing units are easy.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good. just got the parts in this morning. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power window motor and regulator replacment finished! Only took bout an hour total from start to finish. Dealers are crooks! they wanted 400 bux to do the install because they said its "such a difficult" job to do. They wanted to charge me 2 1/2 hrs labor! Yeah right!!! I'm far from a mechanic and had this done in an hour!

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Its an easy swap. I installed power stock focus power windows on my car. It came with manual windows. If all you are doing is swapping, its really easy. Just be very careful taking the glass out of the door so you dont scratch it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Power window motor and regulator replacment finished! Only took bout an hour total from start to finish. Dealers are crooks! they wanted 400 bux to do the install because they said its "such a difficult" job to do. They wanted to charge me 2 1/2 hrs labor! Yeah right!!! I'm far from a mechanic and had this done in an hour!
How much did you pay for the regulator (parts)?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey I got a question for all you guys. I have manual windows. If I get the power regulators do they just switch out with my manual ones? I know obveously I need more like wiring and switches, but I'm just looking from the regulator stand point. And are the regulators the same between the 3 door and the 4's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts