Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a used 2003 ZX5 a bit over a month ago, and now the power window controls have stopped functioning partially. The one I am talking about is the one on the driver's side that controls all of the windows. When operating the front driver side window, no problems occur. However, when trying to raise or lower any of the other windows the windows do not respnd sometimes, and I have to push a few times. Sometimes, I have to sit there and keep pushing like an idiot. The control on the passenger side will work just fine when the driver's side controller acts up so I do not think the windows are getting jammed in any way. There is just no respone from the windows, and I cannot hear anything getting stuck, or any type of noise.

Now, I am beginning to think that maybe the wiring has come loose underneath the master control for the windows. Any ideas? Is it a PITA to get to? Or does it just involve removing the door panel? I have had it for just over a month now, should I take it back to the dealer I got it from (used car dealer) and tell them they need to fix it? Thanks! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You don't even need to pull the door panel, just remove the switch assembly by inserting a small thin bladed screwdriver under the bottom edge, push the little tab in a bit, and gently pull it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts