Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright ive got a 2010 focus SE 4 door, and i having problems with the power steering.

This happens only when im sitting at a light in my drive way or slowly pulling in a drive way when im turning.

It makes a sound almost like when u grind gears on a stick shift, and it goes away if i rev the engine a little wen im still turning.

This has been going on sence the middle of september, and in the begining of october, i open the hood to see if i could fix it and i saw power steering fluid on the contianer for the fluid and i went to tighten the cap, and it was on as tight as possible. that hasnt happened again sence then.

Any help? please? thank you in future anwsers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its still the same fluid im pretty sure, my grandpa might have changed it w/o lettin me know, but wen i looked at it 2 weeks ago, it was bubbley and redish marron, but more of the darker red, i think its was bubbled cuz i got done driving from work about 10 minutes after.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
If the ps oil is aerating the air is getting into the system thru a leak somewhere or low ps oil. Sounds like the pumps on its way out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The whine was free from ford lol. Almost all fords do that it you don't change the fluid. I suggest starting there if it has quite a bit of miles on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its almost a year old with only 16k on it, so ill prolly just look for a leak but i doubt it tho, so ill prolly get new fluid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts