Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so I went to change my oil filter and I noticed that the power steering return line was not secured properly. It had been rubbing up against the filter housing . I did not notice the the damage until I tried to reattach the line. When I did it started leaking . metal to metal contact. Any ways before I read the threads on here . I called ford for a replacement part. Said it won't be here for a couple of days. So I removed the line and it was a pain in the butt.
Got the part from ford and I thought it was an updated version 2 pieces instead of one. Sweet I thought. Got it installed and noticed I needed one more portion of the hose. Went back to ford gave them Vin. And pick part up today. Well it was same part I removed , one single line oem part number is 7s4z-3a713-a.
The parts they first sold me are 6s4z3d746a and 5s4z3a713a . I got the parts on now but there is the section from the reservoir to the line missing. So ethier I remove those parts and install the actual OEM part
This really aggregated me !
What's the best approach on removing and installing the OEM part. I do not want to damage the line during install .step by step help!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat as some similar questions are in this section.

More looks might help.

From what I see of your diagrams, it looks like you just need a good section of hose from the new piping to the reservoir. Return line isn't high pressure, so a good piece of hose & some clamps might be all you need with the other pieces connected.

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
Your local parts store should carry either power steering hose or transmission cooler line hose. They usually sell it by the foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts