Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need to purchase a new power steering pipe as it is started leaking oil, anyone have an idea where I can buy such part except a Ford dealer, preferably in UK/EU.

Thanks in advnce

·
Registered
620 Posts
Are you referring to the power steering hose? I believe there are 2 of them, feed and return. We have several options for aftermarket. Without know anything about your Focus I checked Rock Auto using my car specifics and they ranged from $26.89 to $49.89. An OEM one was $160 from Tasca Ford.

http://www.rockauto.com

If it is already leaking you need to think about replacing it sooner than later. Once my started leaking it blew within days. Has your steering started to get jerky and heavier at parking lot speeds. If it has then you're really close to a full failure.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Mr Orange.
Its the one that sends the oil further to the steering wheel, and its not a hose, a metallic pipe. It starts sending the oil right after the pump.
Are you sure that an american model can fit the european model?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Its the one that sends the oil further to the steering wheel, and its not a hose, a metallic pipe. It starts sending the oil right after the pump.
No I don't know if it will fit and it doesn't help that I have no clue as to what you're driving. [???:)] Your profile says you drive a Focus. Well that covers a lot of different types of cars. I need more info to assist from this side of the pond which I'll do if I can. You might want to also contact VinylOneUK from this forum. He has a ZX-3 and might be able to assist you in locating a good place to buy parts over there.

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
Moved to "General Technical Chat". If you have the 1.6L or 2.0L Zetec motors, the high pressure power steering line runs across the top front of the motor over the exhaust manifold. If you have a Duratec motor, I am not exactly sure as to where the power steering line runs.

The high pressure line on the Zetec runs from the power steering pump, over top of the exhaust manifold on the front side of the motor, then turns to go over the transmission bell housing to the power steering rack. There is a bolt on the backside of the power steering rack that connects the power steering line to it. There is also a slotted key that fits over a square post on the steering rack. You have to make sure that key is lined up on that square post before you can tighten down that bolt. If you don't line it up, you will spray power steering fluid all over the engine bay.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
They must do things differently in the EU, as cars in north America never pump hydraulic fluid via a pipe to the steering wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts