Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really bad power steering leak on my focus. I searched the forums but couldn't find anything.

First of all I am not much of a car fixing guy although I like the challenge. I've used this forum many times to fix minor repairs by searching the forums. So please know I'm half way car illiterate and speak to me in lay mans terms.

I have some pictures. When I fill up the power steering and turn the car on and turn the wheel the fluid comes out the part that is circled red and more specifically the green. To me that looks like an electrical part. If I remove the piece like in the little picture then the fluid just leaks out from there.

Is my pump a gonner? anyone know what could be wrong? Anymore tests that I can do? Or please ask questions if I need to be more specific.

Thanks in advance.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Well that electrical part is the Power Steering Pressure Switch, and if my little parts book is right it should be a part #YS4Z 3N824 BA, cost ya about $25 from Ford For the ZETEC engine and the SPI w/o Zua pump (no clue what that is). For the SPI with the Zua pump it's the same # but the last 2 letters are "EA".

It's odd that it's leaking, but completely possible. There is an O-ring on it that probably broke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts