Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2003 zx3 and it is reaching the 30k mark. it says to replace the fuel filter, i am having trouvle locating instructions on how to do this. i tried myfordfocus.com, and the instructions were a little sparse. also was wondering if a repair manual would be of use, and if so, which company.

second question is whether i should replece the power steering fluid as well. the dealer said that it was in the middle and should be changed in the fall. what is the best procedure for this and should i just take it in to the dealer or is the process straight forward. thnx

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can pick up a Haynes or Chiltons manual from most autoparts stores but for the price Alldata.com is a better deal. I think it's a $15 yearly fee but you get all the technical info up to date including technical service bulletins.

As for power steering fluid, it should be changed once every 3 years or 50k miles, not every fall, though it's a good idea to check it regularly like the rest of your fluids. Your car's an 03 so if you haven't changed it yet, it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and do it. Pick up a fluid removal tool from the parts store, looks kinda like a turkey baster(but don't use a turkey baster, PS fluid is corrosive and will probably do bad things to it) and draw out as much of the old fluid as possible and refill to the fill line with new quality fluid that should last another 3-5 years. Be careful not to spill any of the fluid as you're removing it, it can damage your paint or some plastics/rubbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts