Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So I am here with a little predicament:

Obviously, I drive a '05 Silver Focus ZX3. Well, my car lately has had the problem of having rough starts. When you turn the ignition on it kindle of rumbles and takes a few more seconds then normal to start up. This has been going on for like a year now. When the car does start up, it runs fine, except the Air Bag Light is ON on the dashboard. I have no idea what this means, once again its been on for like a year. Well, yesterday my car decided to totally die on me. This is weird because I left nothing on and the battery is almost new - got it a year ago from Walmart. Well, I thought it was just a bad battery, so I took it to NTB (National Tire and Battery) and they ran a check and said "Yes, I need a new battery". So I bought the battery and they told me the same problem I have been having, which once again was: the car has a hard/rough/long start as well as the air bag light being on. So, the whole day I was using the car fine, it was turning on and off fine (with the rough start of course). Well, when I got it home last night it completely died again. I tried turning on the car this morning and it is still dead. Nothing will turn on or even click. I have no idea what the problem is and I know I have to get a diagnostics, but I don't have a lot of money to turn over right now. HELP! What should I do? If you need any other info just let me know!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi JHumphreys,

I'm sorry, I am unable to help with the technical questions on your starting issue, but I wanted to encourage you to contact your local dealer, as the airbag light being on could be warning of a malfunction. Please let me know if I can assist with anything.

~Natasha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi JHumphreys,

I'm sorry, I am unable to help with the technical questions on your starting issue, but I wanted to encourage you to contact your local dealer, as the airbag light being on could be warning of a malfunction. Please let me know if I can assist with anything.

~Natasha
Thanks for the advice, Natasha. I just had it towed to an auto shop and will keep you all updated on the situation and what the solution is. Wish me luck (that I don't have to spend a TON of money to get this fixed)!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Thanks for the advice, Natasha. I just had it towed to an auto shop and will keep you all updated on the situation and what the solution is. Wish me luck (that I don't have to spend a TON of money to get this fixed)!
My fingers are crossed for an inexpensive solution for you! [:)]

~Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts