Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gas mileage is out the window, my car hesitates after it gets to about 80 degrees outside. and it has almost no power what so ever in the lower rpm range. now i have had both of the resinators cut off my cat is still intact. i had my resinators replaced with a 14 inch glass pack. i have no clue why my car would just lose power like that. it's really bad when i have my ac on. what could it be. now i've heard that the fuel pumps in the focus's are known problems could this be it. oh yeah and i have changed the fuel filter, plugs and wires. other options?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I"m having the same problem - super sluggish at low MPH.

I just changed the plugs (put in bad brand apparently) so I'm kind of wondering if that has anything to do with it, BUT - I'm also wondering if it might be my "coil pack"?? (think that's what they called it)

Anyone have any idea if the coil pack can affect power with the A/C on?

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
whens the last time your fuel filter and plugs were changed?
i know someones gonna say they have a 100,000 mile tuneup interval "under normal driving conditions" what exactly normal is, noone knows...

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Ive noticed the sluggishness of my car since it got warmer......Im changing my fuel filter and spark plugs this weekend along with a new flex! Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Reducing back pressure in the exhaust system can result in the loss of lower rpm power. Many newer motorcycles have valves in the exhaust to increase back pressure at lower rpm's for this reason. Also, as the temperature goes up, air density and thus potential power will drop.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
goinloco1 said:
whens the last time your fuel filter and plugs were changed?
i know someones gonna say they have a 100,000 mile tuneup interval "under normal driving conditions" what exactly normal is, noone knows...
Good points!! Fuel filter is suppose to be changed every 30,000 miles.

What is the mileage on the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my plugs and wires both have less than 2 thousand miles on them. i changed them both shortly after i got the car. someone has said that the fuel pump would be another place to go. my car has 111000 miles on it. maybe it's just tired, maybe i just need to get me another car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts