Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Power & Performance

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  NAD23ZX3 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have an '08 and i'm planning on doing a header, CAI and exhaust and I was just wondering what your experiences were with at least keeping up with cars. I understand it will not be any kind of rocketship but will a new SI civic embaress me even with these mods? I'm coming from a 5.0 which was sadly destroyed, RIP. As I said above I'm not expecting a HP monster but I would at least like to run with some cars otherwise I'll save my money for a different car. Thanks.

#2 ·
keep saving ur money...youll get good gain from those mods but especially if your coming from a 5.0 its gunna feel like a dog....as far as keeping up with a SI, a stock one yea probably, a modified one which is probably what the chances are gunna be, i dunno id be impressed

#5 ·
well considering a turbo is no where near his original costing plan im gunna say thats not in his budget...but yes a turbo is def a way to run with the "big dogs"

#14 ·
Those mods should get you a good start. When you get those done, think about a tune and even a dyno session. Many of us are running X-Cal 3s. Upgrading your suspension couldn't hurt either. Speed is one thing, but it ain't worth a box of rocks if your car doesn't handle well. Just mod your car for the right reasons and enjoy it. [thumb]

#15 ·
I/H/E and 93 oct tune on my 07 2.0 hatch allowed me to beat a 04 si that had I/H/E and type-s intake mani and TB. it was only a car length but I feel a little more power and a stock 06+ si would be within reach

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.