Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am willing to try (very exceptically) a power mod I got from Ebay.I was talking to micro on this biut have not gotten his answer yet.SO while I wait, was wondering if somebody else may have some feedback.It looks to be installed in the Intake Air temerature sensor on the focus.While reading the HUnts book on the focus, it shows that the IAT is part of the MAF.THis has six wires.MIcro asked if what i have its a diode or a resistor.THe mod itself looks like a piece of wire shaped in a U with a black component on the middle of the wire.If anybody knows which wires are the IAT, it will be appreciated, in turn I will post my finding here and get feedback from you guys here at FFN.

Thanks.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
It doesn't work. That is a resistor that supposedly fools the intake air temperature sensor into thinking the air is colder, and thus fooling the computer to injecting a richer mixture. The rocket scientist who came up with this apparently didn't realize the O2 sensor would read the rich mixture, and instantly cut back the fuel delivery until it was back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.