Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My powerlocks havent worked since I bought the car, its a 2000. The trunk button doesnt work either, I've checked all the fuses, all good. Anyone have ay issues with their locks?? The gal I got the car from says they didnt work with the buttons on the car but did with the remote. but she can't find the remote and ford wants too much for a new one. and they said it wouldnt work with a remote if it doesnt work with any of the buttons. Help!!!

Also, its a non power window car, anyone know where would be a good place to get the window stuff to make them power?? Or should I just search through boneyards to find everything?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The power window fuse is hidden. Remove the two gold looking screws at the bottom of the fuse block and pull it down where you can see the back side of it. Theres a fuse hidden in the middle of the wiring that controls that. If its blown, put a new one in and try them. You will probably see that one or more isnt working. Thats the one thats blowing the fuse. The lock actuator is made into the latch. If this is your problem, PM me and ill price you out a latch assembly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm bringing the car back to the house today, I'll check that out and let you know.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
When you open that door to see the fuses, you will see the two screws that im talking about, theyre usually Torx type also just in case you dont have any of those bits but they should also have a hex head as well so you can use a socket if you have to.

·
Registered
289 Posts
to go along with b16 i think it is a 7mm socket as well iirc b/c i had the same problem and it took me forever to find it. the fuse should be yellow i hope this works for you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt get a change to bring it home from work today, I'm a mechanic, that's how i got the car to begin with.. Tis' got 3 holes in the block.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I changed the fuse trunk popper works. I can see the d/s lever move when i push the unlock button but the p/s doesnt. I'm assuming it's that lock. after about three presses the fuse blows again..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts