Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bouht some actuators off the net for 10 bucks and wired them up to my 50 dollar alarm system (normal cost 400) and i love it car locks when i drive, it unlocks when i turn the car off. i can unlock them with out the key. i love it so much heres some pics and a video.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice job and great price! I really need power locks. Any possibilities of doing a write up?

Peter

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can wirte it up if u need help osrry i cant give the best step by step i didnt have a camera with me whn i was doing the install i left the door panels off though to take the pics that i posted if enought people ask i ll do a write up the best i can

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
great work.... I may have to change my power lock motors or something I hate the way they soudn when they are locking and unlocking... kind of annoying... like a grinding noise and thats the way they are supposed to sound like.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
whered you get the actuators? i need some and cant find em.. well not for that cheap... nice set up man!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
off ebay for 10 bucks shipped, and dood do i love it im like a kid in a cadny store and my face light sup everytime i ehar it lock and unlock . i love it best 10 bucks i have spend (not really...well maybe)

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
Cool Nice job

a write up would be nice

·
Registered
585 Posts
IIRC, the focus has cable driven locks (the ones that do not come stock with power locks "S"), and for those of you who want power locks for $69.95, here ya go! LINKY!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
My only issue is, are the SE and SES and SVT and ST all rod driven or cable driven? If they are cable and what are saying works...I think going that route is better. lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Those lock actuators will work with rod and cable driven. The little brass block is used to lock on to the rod. Pretty simple install, just takes a little time.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Cruz, you beat me to everything!! XD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts