Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front passenger door lock is not locking all the way in. The actuator only locks half way, so the door still stays unlocked. Anyway to fix this? or do I need a new part?

·
Registered
17 Posts
um...ust a thought...take it to a ford dealer and ask for an estimate..they will tell you the true price...other then that you could void the warrenty and go inside the door and mess it up...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on the exact same door. I have a 2000 SE and they had to replace the actuator. A word to the wise. If you lock it manually by pressing on it be gentle. I got pissed at mine and pushed it the wrong way resulting in me having to buy a new lock assembly. Do all the locks act sluggish or is it that one door?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its just that one door..the front passenger side. I decided to take it to Ford. They quoted me a total of $36 dollars and hour to diagnose the problem...plus any additional charges for parts and labor. Today I took it to a shop,Since the vehicle is out of warranty , and helped the mechanic take the door panel apart. We looked at it and they determined that it wasn't the actuator.. ( the piece on the interior of the door that U can see move.... that locks )..but it was the other piece.. I don't know how to say this.. it was that other piece thats in the inside of the door..that little hook that clicks in and locks the door. * ill try and take a digi picture and post it up * called up Ford and was quoted $130 dollars for the piece.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes it sucks when stuff starts breaking and buying parts from the dealer is very expensive. Sometimes we don't have a choice though...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Huh, thats funny.,.. my rear drivers door on my ZX5 makes this horrible noise when I unlock it, it locks and unlocks, but the noise.. god, its ear wrenching.... need to get it fixed but Ford claims :I'm sorry we cant duplicate the problem" boy am I getting tired of hearing that line.. damn them!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
:I'm sorry we cant duplicate the problem" boy am I getting tired of hearing that line.. damn them!! [/B][/QUOTE]

OMG!!! When I read that all the hair on my neck stood up! They told me the same thing, what to they give out training classes on how to piss people off!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are you sure you can't rig something up rather than paying $130. If I understood you correctly you were there when they took it apart, did you understand what was wrong? It might be worth a trip to Home Depot to try to find something to fix it with.

.... oooops, I guess the ******* in me is coming out. I'll do anything to try to save a buck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is crazy...ever since they took the door apart..I saw the guy bathe the entire lock mechanism with some WD-40 type of spray.something like a lock lubricator. ever since then the lock has been working...beautifully.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Funny how we can overlook the simple things. Glad it all worked out, and it probably didn't cost nearly as much as you had thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts