Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning i was driving to work as normal and as soon as the rpms hit 3200 it felt as tho i hit a wall. The power just died as soon as it hit the power range. Yesterday the car drove normal and nothing i noticed would lead up to something like this. Only thing i did to the car last night was replace a screen filter with a foam filter...maybe reset the ecu??? Also there is no foul odor or any unnecessary noise when this occurs, the power just dies. Below 3200 the car is great but obviously thats not the way i want to drive lol. Thanks for any suggestions

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
by the power dies if you mean you have it to the floor but it doesnt want to keep accellerating you might want to check on the fuel pump and filter. sounds like it is getting starved for fuel when you hit that rpm range. call dealership and see if the fuel pump recall applies to your car and get it replaced for nothing and if that doesnt fix it then change the fuel filter and if that doesnt fix it either well then you've ruled 2 things out and we can go from there.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
nasty hole in fuel map or bad pump like stated above is my guess.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea so i figured out what the problem was....

Basically i made a custom ram intake through the vent in my hood. I have two filters, one foam and the other a fabric screen to prevent hydrolock. Well the foam filter got sucked all the way down to the maf and luckily the other filter caught it or else that would have been realllll bad lol

Thanks for the help

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i wouldn't have guessed that!! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts