Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having trouble locking the doors with the key fob. Sometimes I have to press it 5-6 times to get the doors to lock. It always unlocks on the first try. I'm standing right beside the car. Very annoying.
It's my only complaint.

·
Registered
210 Posts
This has started happening to me too. It doesn't happen always but when it does, I have to press the button multiple times before it gets locked.
I haven't tried using the other fob so let's see.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile You have to remeber depending on where you are there is going to be some sort of interference.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't think it's interference; I think that sometimes there's about a 5-second delay between taking the key out of the ignition and being able to lock using the fob.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There was another thread on here where people were having the same problem. Holding the lock button down seemed to help.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's my question.......how is everyone locking the car that have the remote start option? Using the lock button under the center screen (next to hazards), touching the black flat spot on the outside door handle, or using the key fob?

I want to use mine in a way that allows me to walk up to the car with the keys in my pocket and just pull on the door handle twive and lets me in. Some ways will allow you to do that where as others make you use the key fob to unlock.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sounds to me like all your batteries are dying. My current car has that problem when the keyfob battery dies. Try switching $5 batteries before taking more drastic action. The worst that can happen is you have a spare for later.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wait three seconds after all doors have closed before pushing the lock button. There seems to be some kind of "all doors verified closed" delay. lol Bothers the HECK out of me too!!!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine does it as well. It's not enough to be annoying but I do find that if I hold the lock button down for a few seconds that seems to do the trick.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, this happens to me all the time. I will try holding the lock button down next time. It's annoying as hell. Now I find myself checking hours later to make sure I actually locked the car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
^^ I usually always click the button until the car honks. It's usually always on the second click except for a few times when it doesn't lock until I do it another couple of times.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My doors lock on the first push of the button on the key fob but it doesn't toot the horn unless you push the button twice.

I don't always hear the thunk of the solenoids locking the doors a like the feed back of the horn toot.

Anyone know of a way to reconfigure the key fob/body controller to toot the horn on the first push of the lock button on the fob?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gosh - - I thought that I was the only one with this problem - - and that maybe I wasn't pushing the button on the key fob hard enough. With no visible "lock buttons" to watch and see if they go down, I've been taking to pushing the key fob button twice as well so I get the horn "toot" to make sure that the car is locked. Rather annoying!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I suspect that's a feature so you can lock the car without the alarm.

My Saturn has always done the same thing. First press locks the doors and the 2nd press engages the alarm and toots the horn.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Does the touch/lock feature on the TI also have this issue where you cannot lock the doors for several seconds after leaving the car?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I suspect that's a feature so you can lock the car without the alarm.

My Saturn has always done the same thing. First press locks the doors and the 2nd press engages the alarm and toots the horn.
Yeah, I had a previous car that did this as well. One push....just lock the car. Two rapid pushes....lock and arm the car.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts