Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a 2000 focus straight from the ford dealer a few months ago and i noticed when i got home that the power door locks dont work and the hatch button doesnt work ... i looked through the manual and looked at the fuse ... its fine ... then it said something bout central lock module ... which is located on the back of the fuse panel ... got 2 diff ones from the boneyard and they still dont work ... anything im missin or can anyone help?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does anybody kno of any odd ball things to check on this problem

cause i have looked through the manual and everythings fine

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
^^^^^Everything's not fine, or it would be working. [:)]

Hatch-backs are famous for broken wires in the connection between the hatch and the body (the little section visible when you open the hatch). The wires to the hatch lock run through there.....perhaps there's a short at that spot.

That might affect the entire operation of that central lock module. Pull the rubber grommets loose and look inside the body....that's usually where breaks are visible.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would check the fuse panel that's under the dash. If all seems good, pull out that fuse panel by the means of two screws, and you're looking for a yellow(20amp) fuse thats hidden behind a cluster of wires.

Mine burnt out, and was having issues with my doors etc.. I replaced it and now my remote door locks work! :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i just moved the plastic loom from the hatch and every wire is in tact but theres like 2 or 3 that the plastic is stripped back and i can see the copper ... im gonna tape these up but my locks still dont work at the moment

kp- u say theres a 20 fuse on the back of the fuse panel under the steering wheel? all i see is the connectors and a ton of wires or was i confused by something ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
problem solved ... thanks 2 every1 for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts