Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me 2 days to find the fuse for the power door locks. Why the hell do they put it behind the fuse panel? And to top it all off the fuse is under a wiring cluster that is so hard to get it out.
My thinking is because they want everyone to go to the local ford dealership looking for help and then they will charge 80/hour to try and diagnose the problem.

Ford what are you thinking.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
"It took me 2 days to find the fuse for the power door locks."

My Owners Manual says it is behind the fuse panel. If you have lost yours, I believe you can download a PDF version from the fordfleet site.

As for its location, having worked at Ford many years ago, I suspect there is a reason for it other than generating business for the dealers, e.g., perhaps there is some reason they do not wish to make it easy for someone to put in a larger than specified fuse, such as a situation where using a larger fuse might burn out an expensive control module, when the problem is typically a bad actuator module. I do know that there was a TSB out on door lock problems with fuse 63 problems, but I don't have access to the TSB content.

A google search turned up this: http://www.automotivetalk.net/showmessages.php?id=454

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well its only a 20 watt fuse, same kind of fuse as the fuel pump. oh well I am just happy i found it.
Does anyone know how to fix the latch? I think the motor is gone, does it have to be replaced or is it an easy fix. I can't open it with the remote or the button by the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to replace same fuse. Found it easier to drop the fuse box. Takes about 10-15 min. One bolt on the front. 10mm, I think. Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well it seems I have ran into the same problem with this FUSE. I replaced it today and it was working for maybe about 6 lock/unlock attempts and than it blew once again. It didn't take long to get at it and replace it once I knew where it was. What my question is, why would the Fuse blow again. Should I put in a 25 amp fuse, should have I disconnected the battery before replacing it? Or is there a bigger issue here that is related to this problem?

I appreciate all of your help. Thank you very much.

z...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts