Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
European-Parts has a new item ( at least to me) and I was wondering if any of you tech-heads have an opinion about it.
Ad Copy:
"The Power Boost Valve is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It replaces the stock one and can set up fuel pressure much faster. This results in quicker acceleration and better response. Another benefit is that you can adjust the fuel pressure and gain more power through a linear richer combustion. In general this is a good modification to optmize your cars engine and to gain up to 10 hp. Pressure can be set up to 5 bars. Available for all European Ford Focus engines 1.4l, 1.6l, 1.8l, 2.0l Zetec (not ST or RS), Ford KA 1.3l, Ford Fiesta 1.25l, 1.4l, 1.6l Zetec, Ford Puma 1.4l, 1.6l, 1.7l Zetec, Ford Mondeo (-2000) Zetec 16V, 2.5l V6 (-1997), Cougar 2.0l Zetec, 2.5l V6 (-1997). Kit somes with adaptor pieces, hoses, clamps and mounting hardware."

Link: http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=191

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
sounds like its more for turbo cars and stuff like that. i cant say id spend the money on that. most the tuning ill ever need to do with my fuel will be on a chip. it really doesnt seem to be a whole lot different than stock and its just adjustable. my guess would be gains on a mildy modded foci would be next to none. hmmm maybe someone else has a better opp.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"We can't use the part"-well, that settles that, at least for me. I saw that it said it was for the European Zetec but figured it was for all Zetecs. Guess not.
Thanks.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
i thought if u add a new fuel rail u can put a fuel preasure regulator

1 - 7 of 7 Posts