Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have heard of them, and mostly good things about them. A few cases where the alt didn't fit exactly the way it should or there was modification needed.

Is the one you are looking at the Fitzall model? If so, I would check if other people with the same model focus you have had to do any modification to get it in. Other than that, if the output suits your needs then it should be good to go!

A few other brands that make awesome alts are Mechman and DC Power. If you are looking for more output then these would be my suggestion. They are little more expensive, but worth it in the end. The output and reliability of them outshine any other brand.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I was going go with PB. But, I went with DB Electrical I just got it back yesterday from a warranty issue. They said that there is nothing wrong with it. We will see about that when I reinstall it this weekend. The warranty expires in Dec. I am not sure if I'd deal with them again. PB has a good rep.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile I just got finished putting in HO alternator from Pa Performance. And I had to do a lot of dremelling on the air duct to get it to fit on the alternator. Also ended up having to use my factory pulley because the belt would not slip over the lip that was on their pulley.

I also had to add an extra charge wire from my battery and put a 200 amp fuse inline with it.

''''''''''''''''''

·
Registered
299 Posts
That is a really good price. I would for sure check out their customer service, how often people return them for any problem, or if people having them fail on them. Alternators can be like amplifiers in a way, you have to see if it's actually worth the price. Sort of like getting a cheap amplifier for your audio. If everything seems ok, then I'd say go for it at that price.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Quality brand alternator has a warranty too , alts are pre tested in house, and no risk of overheating as they have a dual fan design built in for proper cooling

Ive emailed the several times with questions, each time I get a prompt and informative answer . I asked them right off if they had a direct fit... and they asked if it was a svt or not ...told me the mounting style and available amperage above stock .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, that is a good price on a HO alternator. That's actually cheaper than what some places want for even an OEM one. Personally I have an Ohio Generator 250 amp alternator that has worked very well for me over the past 2-3 years. It was about $600 though, so maybe not worth the price difference in this case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts