Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2004 focus svt and was woundering if i could bolt on a turbo or supercharger without any problems. i have been told that the comp is too high.I wanted to go with a different type of power adder for this car being i already have a 347ci with spray on my mustang.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The SVTs do have higher compression but stock internals are good for around 300 whp. Some people on her ran more then 300 whp for years without a problem. The most important thing is the right tune.
Most people prefer turbos over superchargers, because of their efficiency. I my self think its all about what your goals are and how much money you are willing to spend. Superchargers wont get you passed 300 whp without a stroker kit, while turbos can get you close to 500 whp with forged internals and lower compression., but it will cost you.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have a supercharged SVT on stock internals, 10psi intercooled, can handle more, but I'm putting a premium on reliability for the time being

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
You can turbocharge a svt and push about 17 psi on stock internals without any problem.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
If tuned properly, you can run 10-15psi all day. 03orangeSVT I believe ran up to 22? on a stock engine.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
If you needs some turbo parts I have some if you wish to start your own kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts