Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying some stainless steel lines in the next month or so, and have the idea that i could get all 4 brake calipers powdercoated black, as well as getting rid of the some of the excess material from when the cailpers where cast.

is there anything that I should know. what are the pros/cons to having them powdercoated. If its not going to be worth while, I'm just going to paint them with caliper paint. The brush on stuff, not the spray on paint.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It's not worth powder coating, in my opinion. Hot temp spray paint will do just fine, why the brush on?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've done the painting of calipers in the past, and wasn't impressed with the results with the black paint. it looks like shit after a winter of driving.

i know that i'd have to completly disassemble calipers and rebuild the calipers with new seals and all that stuff. but the look and longevity of the powdercoating will be worth all the hassle.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Black powder coating gets dull just like black paint does if its not taken care of. The only thing that that powder coating has over paint is durability. But as I said, it will fade and get dull just like paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts