Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does powder coating have any effect on the weight of a wheel? also how much does it typically cost per wheel?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I really dont see it adding much weight to the wheel. Powder coating can get expensive though. My local power coater that I go to on a regular basis told me 65 dollars per wheel. Its worth it IMO. A powder coat is amazingly tough to scratch if the wheel is preped correctly.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's the difference between powdercoating and painting?

·
Registered
79 Posts
to put it in the simplest form painting is applied and just dries normally and you put your clearcoat on or whatever wanted. Powdercoating is applied in the color and leaves a really dull finish, its then baked and comes out all nice and hard...

Austin

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
it will depend on how much paint they use on the wheel and it will look great if you get a painter that know the pait well, they shoot it where i work and i get it for free but somethimes if we have to order a special sample they might only have 2 or 3 chances to get it right ( thank god they dont screw up often) and the finish will depend on the paint used the sheen will change from color to color so try to find a sample of steel pained with what u want that will help u alot cause if you cant get a back door deal then u will pay each time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts