Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wheels in the attachment were sprayed with Plasti-Dip. It can be puchased at Home Depot. Looks like a powder coated wheel when done for a heck of a lot leass money. If it becomes nicked up you can simply peel it off and redo it. One note of caution..... Do not coat where the lug nuts seat. This is a compressionable material and as such can cause a torqued nut to loosen up. Mask the nut area before spraying or cut and peel it off (which the owner of the shown wheel was going to do. Also do not coat the back of the wheel. If your wheel should crack for some reason it can't be seen thru the coating. By not coating the back of the wheel you have someplace to inspect it. This appears to be a new fad with miata autocrossers and I thought I'd share it.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=439955

·
Registered
194 Posts
I also recently learned about it on F150 Forum. The guys there are doing it to emblems, wheels, step bars, chrome bumpers, etc. and having great results, even when going off road it seems to hold up well. I wish they had a gold or bronze color, since that's what I want to do my wheels in. I may be giving it a try soon though in black.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
What about using Plasti-Dip clear as a front end stone shield?
Just spray it on the front edge of the hood?

I may put some on the door handles to protect the paint there..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts