Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this is pretty cool. the car definetly pulls for something that is stock. plus it feels like forza [hihi]

·
Registered
416 Posts
Very cool. Went out to YouTube and found both videos (Focus and Civic) and did a side-by-side run with them both. Very interesting in itself. If you do this, start the Civic run first because the Focus blows past it pretty quick. Plus you'll see the Civic seems to bounce more than the Focus even through seemingly smooth stretches.

In the Civic run you hear the driver saying "it does like to nose-dive doesn't it" and "this thing feels like a turd compared to the Focus". He actually takes the Civic for another run and looks to get a better run the second time, but exclaims how he has to floor the gas to get the Civic to do what the Ford does naturally.

I had a 03 Honda Accord EX-L and it pales in comparison to my Ti.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
Bah! Guy drives like a wimp. I'm barely hearing any tire squeal around those corners. He's definitely not pushing the Focus to its limits. :-(

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
Oh boy, here we go... Throw it into manual mode (and/or sport mode) and you've basically got the same damn thing. Keeping the engine within the proper powerband can be done manually and automatically. If pressing a clutch pedal and wiggling a floppy stick gets you hard/wet... well, that's all you buddy. Your choice in transmission isn't going to magically turn an econobox into a Supra.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh boy, here we go... Throw it into manual mode (and/or sport mode) and you've basically got the same damn thing. Keeping the engine within the proper powerband can be done manually and automatically. If pressing a clutch pedal and wiggling a floppy stick gets you hard/wet... well, that's all you buddy. Your choice in transmission isn't going to magically turn an econobox into a Supra.
This is why owning two cars is a great idea. Focus and a Mustang? One day for me, a reality for some already.

·
Registered
280 Posts
uhm i had to deal with automatic cars while my car was in a body shop, oh the excitement

1 - 7 of 7 Posts