Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work yesterday and it was still dark out when I ran over a huge pothole in the middle of an intersection going around 40 mph. The car is still driving fine but it bent the wheel pretty bad.

So can this be fixed or will I have to buy a new rim?

·
Registered
149 Posts
i just wrecked my car and my rim was all bent like that. its definately fixable because they are fixing mine. now idk how you would go about doing it yourself....maybe a sledgehammer would do the trick. but if not, take it maybe to just a body shop and they should be able to fix it right up

·
Registered
268 Posts
Typically not a body shop repair, however there are specialty shops that "refurbish" wheels. Call around to some of the wheel and tire centers or even bodyshops and they will probably tell you who they would recommend.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for the replies. Do you think its alright to drive on for now until I can get it fixed?

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
check the air. drive it a little. if it's not losing air, or not losing it too quickly at least, and it hasn't thrown the alignment off too badly, you should be fine till you can get something done. just see how it feels and continue to check the air pressure till you're certain whether or not it's holding air.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
def. can be replaced. i had a rim off of my old truck rebent. The damage was worse that that even and it was fixed; couldn't even tell that it was fixed in the past.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I've got a bend thats not as bad as that, and its definitely fixable...perhaps $40-80 I'd say depending on the shop.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice guys, I will keep an eye on it for now till I can get it in the shop. [cheers]

·
Registered
240 Posts
dam same $hit happend to me i actually bent 2 rims front and rear goin trew a deep ass pothole which i screw a crap loads of parts on my car..brand new shoes and rims 2 konig wheels got bended pretty bad now im looking to get a quote on how much it will actually cost me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts