Focus Fanatics Forum banner

19761 - 19780 of 19784 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Finally took a pic, painted my calipers while I was changing my pads this weekend. I picked up a can of Dupli-Color engine/caliper paint for ~$10 - well worth it in my opinion! Don't mind the dirty rims, or the old tires (see this thread [thumb])

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mud flaps were on my car when I bought it, they are a great look for this body style and I agree with you, wide tires make them a necessity.

I don't usually like a blackout kit on tail lights but on your car it is a really nice touch.

I am in the process of moving from GA to TX and haven't had much time to add to Jelly-Bean (my cars name). My next addition will either be running lights or an Android radio with Navigation.

Black cars look fantastic when they are clean but DANG they show dirt well....lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
The main reason I got those tail lights is the sequential turn signals but I do like blacked out tails usually.

And yes it looks great clean but even worse than black is a black hatch, the back gets dirty on the 4 mi trip home from the car wash

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
SE model
I have my catch can mounted under my headlight at this time, not in the full pic for I had it all wrong then, with a bracket I bent up, the mishimoto expansion tank for the ST works on n/a so why not, and "finished" the typhoon intake by k&n by making the rest of the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Great Job

Back passenger seat AC-ON!!!
I'm impressed with the creative engineering, craftsmanship, and consideration for your back seat passengers.

Unless they are really small, though, (like my 14 pound dog in his dog-seat/box), I'm not sure it would be worth all that effort when squeezing them into that tiny space is already kinda' punishing. I guess having AC for more than just their toes (with the stock under seat vents) might make the space slightly more tolerable.

I would never be willing to sacrifice that much space from my center console, but like how clever your modification is in that area is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm impressed with the creative engineering, craftsmanship, and consideration for your back seat passengers.

Unless they are really small, though, (like my 14 pound dog in his dog-seat/box), I'm not sure it would be worth all that effort when squeezing them into that tiny space is already kinda' punishing. I guess having AC for more than just their toes (with the stock under seat vents) might make the space slightly more tolerable.

I would never be willing to sacrifice that much space from my center console, but like how clever your modification is in that area is.

Thank you for your compliments[cheers]
I spend much time to find the "space"
At first ,my friend send me the below but I really don't to sacrifice that much space as you said.
c1QJHJIS.jpeg

So I still take some time to modify to achieve the style I want.
More details
esZoOhDu.jpeg
hDbsHHAe.jpeg

Remove the spring to avoid insufficient strength to break.
cSBc5aSC.jpeg
XusDMadV.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
dowd13
These mudflaps are genuine parts or ias a generic mudflaps (like xukey)? I live in Brazil and bought the xukey, but I don't know if I should install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sometimes I think I should just leave well enough alone but I hardly ever do.

I 3D printed some risers for my 2014 SE, there are a few things that bug me about using spoiler risers that I plan to "fix" with my solution. This is just a proof of concept to check the look.

1> The risers themselves need to be shaped for aerodynamics - the round is just plain and utilitarian.
2> Raising the spoiler exposes a really weird body part - the plan is to cover that.
3> The underneath of the spoiler is like Swiss cheese, hexagonal holes all in it - the plan is to cover that as well.

Stretch goal/blue sky idea: active spoiler, raises and lowers on command or automatically.

From the pics, I would love to hear some feedback good or bad but let's be civil - ya?

Too high? Too low? Needs more tilt? Anything else? ...
dowd13
These mudflaps are genuine parts or ias a generic mudflaps (like xukey)? I live in Brazil and bought the xukey, but I don't know if I should install.

19761 - 19780 of 19784 Posts