Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 19790 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
wantz12, it's good to know that the plastidip can be used as a primer coat to make non-permanent color changes to parts! Great job, buddy!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ok, so I Plasti-Dipped my taillights last night. I don't think they turned out all that bad. However, I did not like the flat look, so I took a soft cloth and applied some tire shine by Armor All and low-and-behold! it gave it a really nice shine. I did do some other testing over the weekend and found that you can use standard spray paint on the "dipped" area and still peel it off with no bleed through or getting to the cars surface. So now on to the pics.

There ya go, let me know what ya think. The next thing I may try is to get a can of touch up spray paint, from a auto parts store and try to somewhat match the factory black. Wish me luck!![headbang]
That looks freakin awesome, but I have a suggestion if I may.

I would start the point of the rocker striping at the front wheel opening. The way you have it how, it looks like someone applied the stripes too far back.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That looks freakin awesome, but I have a suggestion if I may.

I would start the point of the rocker striping at the front wheel opening. The way you have it how, it looks like someone applied the stripes too far back.
Thanks! I did think about the starting point of the stripe, and although I do agree with you, I was trying to follow the lines of the car. I did try starting farther ahead, but it did not go well with the lines of the body. I have thought about stopping it before the rear wheel well though. Who knows, this is just temp using the Plasti-Dip once I get my vinyl cutter I will make it out of vinyl.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Those rocker graphics are the same place Steeda put them... Following the body lines

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, I got in a fender bender today... Some lady decided my license plate was more than just a greeting... Won't be completing my exterior mods until it is all fixed. However, I did receive my new blue, black, and fog plastidip in the mail along with a few other things I ordered, so as soon as my bumper is fixed then it will be time to play around.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Well, I got in a fender bender today... Some lady decided my license plate was more than just a greeting... Won't be completing my exterior mods until it is all fixed. However, I did receive my new blue, black, and fog plastidip in the mail along with a few other things I ordered, so as soon as my bumper is fixed then it will be time to play around.

OUCH [smackbum][smackbum]

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I put in some rgb leds in the floorboards and put these pedal covers on. I'm doing a custom 2.5 madrel bent exhaust as soon as the guys in the shop tool up the machine for a 2.5 run. (I was told it would be this week)

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Let me go outside and take pics. We tried two different seam locations and one worked better than the other but they separate and are coming up on the edges.

First off, I'd recommend just takin the headlights off so you can wrap better around the edges.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Here is another pinstripe concept, let me know what you think.

There's some residue on the leading edge of the door stripe, but it will wipe off.

Either way, I'm still unsure of it. I'm sure that ultimately the chrome will have to go.

161 - 180 of 19790 Posts