Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 19784 Posts

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
So far this is my work in progress. Keep in mind that I am 18 and have almost no mod experience before this car. Any advice or ideas is appreciated.

Titanium headlights and fog lights

Temporary subs and amp until I fabricate my box for my four 8" subs and amp stand

Carbon Fiber Vinyl (work in progress, as I still have a lot I wish to do)

Door Handle:

Center Vents:

Plan to do center controls and shifting module when I learn how to take it out.

Side Vents:

Pillars:

HID Headlights: (Will soon have them in the fog lights as well)

I will post more pictures when I finish more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like a lot of work. You've got some patience and talent.
It does take quite a long time to properly set the tape and form it to each part correctly without bubbles or folds. Took about an hour for each vent I would say, maybe longer. Pillars were about 15 minutes each, but I may be redoing them as they are wrinkling slightly at the bottom.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know how that feels. DiNoc is a lot more forgiving than the vinyl on the head lights and tail lights. That sucked...
If I were to put any vinyl on the headlights and tail lights then I would over size it and cut around it to exactly fit with an exact-o knife. This is what I did with the pillars. I plan on doing the chrome grill strips and the matte black trim skirting around the car when I have more time.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well yeah... what I'm saying is that DiNoc is way easier to use than regular vinyl tint.. It's a completely different animal. Good luck [chairfall]

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
So far this is my work in progress. Keep in mind that I am 18 and have almost no mod experience before this car. Any advice or ideas is appreciated.

Lookin good man, lots of work but its well worth it. BTW Didn't ya watch the movies? All the Autobots (except prime and some others not cars) were all GM lmao

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lookin good man, lots of work but its well worth it. BTW Didn't ya watch the movies? All the Autobots (except prime and some others not cars) were all GM lmao
Lol, yeah I watched the movie, but I wouldn't buy a GM just for an Autobot themed car. I test drove the Chevy Cruze and hated it.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
They had a pretty sweet Ferrari too...

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's called ez-lip. Got it for $35 on eBay. It's a type of foam that's really durable and just sticks on with 3m tape. I think it's worth it.

81 - 100 of 19784 Posts