Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 200 of 19804 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is another pinstripe concept, let me know what you think.

There's some residue on the leading edge of the door stripe, but it will wipe off.

Either way, I'm still unsure of it. I'm sure that ultimately the chrome will have to go.
Can't see your photos.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Can't see your photos.
Maybe I need to use photobucket or something. I see them in the post, but maybe that's because the pics are on my computer.

Give me a few.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Ok, let's try it again-

Oh, and I just ordered my Pro-Kit springs...[werd]

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Thanks, I think that ultimately I will end up in the same position. The chrome looks really bad after doing my wheels, and I know that ultimately the whole car would benefit from just painting it.

I wonder what it would take to swap the chrome with someone's black beltline[idea]...Not that I think anyone would want to make that trade[mecry]

I like emoticons/smilies.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Thanks, I think that ultimately I will end up in the same position. The chrome looks really bad after doing my wheels, and I know that ultimately the whole car would benefit from just painting it.

I wonder what it would take to swap the chrome with someone's black beltline[idea]...Not that I think anyone would want to make that trade[mecry]

I like emoticons/smilies.
I believe there was a thread about swapping out the beltlines. And I think people came to the conclusion that this was too difficult. Better off with plasti-dip or vinyl.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
I believe there was a thread about swapping out the beltlines. And I think people came to the conclusion that this was too difficult. Better off with plasti-dip or vinyl.
Cool, thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
79 Posts
I will be doing mine in vinyl. I have a plotter coming this next week, then I'll be doing the stripes on my FOFO in vinyl also.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
I would be willing to exchange $ for these items if you do...I can't stand this plasti-dip on my car for periods longer than a week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would be willing to exchange $ for these items if you do...I can't stand this plasti-dip on my car for periods longer than a week.
I will keep you posted, it should be here by Thursday or Friday. It will then be a few days for me to get the patterns right.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
I may be willing to exchange $$$ for appropriate vinyl as well :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
This one's for Sonic, since he suggested blacking out the grille bars....

Reactions: pyzik and gojart85

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
This one's for Sonic, since he suggested blacking out the grille bars....

Thank you Sir... I have admired some other pictures. Looks good.

Reactions: pyzik

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thank you Sir... I have admired some other pictures. Looks good.
Thanks. I drove around for the past week with electrical tape over them and decided I liked it, lol.

Reactions: pyzik

·
Registered
333 Posts
This car is awesome!

I give you this - [thumb]
Thank you sir :)

I have a pretty good eye for this stuff, but then again it's what I did for 15+ years too :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not bad, for my first time using plasti dip...

My wife and I just ordered a platinum white Titanium hatch, and I told her I wanted to try exactly what you did out with plastidip. Looks great! I think I am going to try the RS 2dr concept I saw to.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Here's the promised headlight pictures... As you can see there's a different seam in each. We were trying different options. Neither was perfect. The shape of the headlights makes tinting a PITA...

181 - 200 of 19804 Posts