Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Focus Fanatics,

Let's create a single thread where members post their Mileage, along with the maintenance that has been required to get them there. The idea is to create a log where owners can anticipate maintenance items based on the experience of others, rather than the Ford maintenance schedules.

Requirements:
  1. Model Year
  2. Mileage
  3. Maintenace Items
I'll start:

2009 Ford Focus SE
130,000 miles
Front sway bar end links (97k), brake pads (97k), front strut assemblies (130k), conventional oil changes every 3k miles.

Post 'em up!

·
So mote be it
8,908 Posts
What sort of driving are you doing where you need oil changes every 3k miles? Do you work at a quick change shop and its just super cheap/easy to get done?

Otherwise sounds like youve been lucky, just normal wear items, and they are taking their nice slow time to wear

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What sort of driving are you doing where you need oil changes every 3k miles? Do you work at a quick change shop and its just super cheap/easy to get done?

Otherwise sounds like youve been lucky, just normal wear items, and they are taking their nice slow time to wear
City driving. $19 every 3k miles is cheap insurance. It's also conventional oil therefore the sub 3k intervals.

What do you mean by "lucky"? Please share your experiences for the benefit of the board.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I absolutely love your idea, want to add..
in your own posts you should also post a record of fill ups and AVG MPG so that owners can see what helps their focus in terms of fuel economy with add ons and proper maintenance.

2009 Focus SE 5-Spd
54,000 miles
>New Pads and rotors at 52,000- preventative maintenance
>new spark plugs (A103) 71k-preventative maintenance ***NEW***
>new eibach pro kit springs,55,000- fun with the car
>Brake fluid flushed, coolant drain and filled
>Power Steering fluid [email protected] 60k***NEW*** maintaince
>using Motorcraft full synthetic 5w20 since 52k/ Valvoline5w20 SynPower
>previous owner replaced sway links at 44k
>New Valve Cover Gasket set at 71k*** NEW***maintaince
>73k***Frpp install and moog k80066 end links... Also cleaned TB and MAF sensor

WINTER MPG...29mpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... want to add..
in your own posts you should also post a record of fill ups and AVG MPG so that owners can see what helps their focus in terms of fuel economy with add ons and proper maintenance.
Good idea. I can no longer edit my original post hence the follow up, but we get around 34mpg on average. 75% metro city driving, 25% highway. This figure comes from the on-board computer, so it's accuracy is up for scrutiny :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Any other focus owners want to post up your details? We would love to see this as an active thread with users contributing for the benefit of our cars

·
Registered
6 Posts
08 Sedan

I am closing in on 200k miles (about 192,475 as of 7/15/15) in a seven year old focus.
I recently had an alignment (my mother works at a dealership) and they told me that my toe was off and the suspension couldn't be completely corrected; I might need to replace some stuff in there anyway.
I had to change the lug nuts on my wheels and change the power steering fluid as well.
I just get it checked every now and then, keep the oil good and don't skimp on quality.

The mileage reader also indicates my average mpg at 30.5 (however I don't know what span this uses to find that number)
Here is for another 200k!

·
Registered
524 Posts
2009 SE
93K miles
New rear brakes & all matching fluids changed/drained @ 92K miles FRPP Shocks & Struts @ 87K miles.
Conventional oil change every 4-5,000 miles.

Soon to bring in to Ford before that extended warranty runs up - See what they can do about the rough idle. Oh, and halfway between selling and not, if the right ST comes into line.

·
Registered
79 Posts
2009 focus se, 74xxx miles. Bought it around December of 2013 at 47xxx miles. Since then I have...
Bought svt wheels for it with tires
Changed out the spark plugs for coppers twice
Changed the valve cover gasket
Changed the sway bar end links with moogs
Changed the transmission oil and filter
Synthetic oil changes with Mobil 1 every 8000 miles roughly.
Put in a k and n filter.
Done more But that's all for maintenance.
Getting 30-31 miles a gallon nearly every time I have ever filled up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got about 180k on mine, only replaced valve cover gasket, ignition switch and motor mounts as far as repairs. Everything else has been routine maintenance (fluids/brakes/tires)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Why did you need new tires at 26k? Was it that you loved to squeel the tires cuz the focus is badass? I love the contribution!! Keep it up. This is already paying off.I'm guessing I may need to do my valve gasket around 70k..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why did you need new tires at 26k? Was it that you loved to squeel the tires cuz the focus is badass? I love the contribution!! Keep it up. This is already paying off.I'm guessing I may need to do my valve gasket around 70k..
I had to replace the tires at around 22,xxx. The stock tires were crap and didn't wear worth a crap...somewhat of a common problem from what I read on here.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Vehicle info in sig.

140k miles.

-28 oil changes
-1 spark plug change
-1 transmission fluid drain/fill
-1 sway bar endlink (covered under warranty)
-1 APIM (sync related-covered under warranty)
-I've forgotten how many sets of tires, at least 5 including the originals
-still on factory brake pads and every stock bulb
-need to change the struts because they're squeaking a little

Vista Blue Focus (Ford Focus) | Fuelly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm guessing I may need to do my valve gasket around 70k..
Unless it's leaking, there's no reason to change the Valve Cover Gasket. Some folks take off the Valve Cover to inspect internals, and then try to re-use the gasket which is a no-no and almost always leads to leaks. Leaks from this gasket are very easy to see, so the next time your hood is popped just take a peek.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oh I'm aware of this good sir. My duratec has no leaks. Not even the output seal. Ilin my experience with my customers focus the only thing these cars chee threw are tires and motor mounts

1 - 20 of 96 Posts