Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Love your car!! The black door handles really make it look sharp.. nice idea!!
Thanks, it's just the base model over here, got it for $19990 but it only gets the 1.6 litre engine worst luck. To get the 2 litre like the US model you have to go to the next model up and that was $7000 more, so I settled for this model, actually the motor is quiet spritely for the size.
I just added some Fog Lights since that photo was taken, they make the car look more finnished. I'm now after some Ford center wheel badges for my after market wheels, hard to find the same size as my wheel centers.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thanks, it's just the base model over here, got it for $19990 but it only gets the 1.6 litre engine worst luck. To get the 2 litre like the US model you have to go to the next model up and that was $7000 more, so I settled for this model, actually the motor is quiet spritely for the size.
I just added some Fog Lights since that photo was taken, they make the car look more finnished. I'm now after some Ford center wheel badges for my after market wheels, hard to find the same size as my wheel centers.
Just curious, that 1.6 isnt the ecoboost is it?

Nice wheels BTWm there not stock, I take it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have finally finnished adding a few things to my base model Aussie Focus. I first added a 4 channel power amp to the head unit, then new rear speakers. Then added Mag Wheels, Foglights , Glare Strip on windscreen, and blacked out the chrome on the grill also the grey painted bits on lower grill with vinyl.
Took it for a long drive yesterday 4 hours return, managed 6.2litres/100 klms or 45MPG so I was pretty pleased with the car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Ross, like the blackout. Good idea on the lower grill !
Is that plasti dip on the windscreen ?
Did you get your fogs from Ford?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey Ross, like the blackout. Good idea on the lower grill !
Is that plasti dip on the windscreen ?
Did you get your fogs from Ford?
Hi thanks.
No the windscreen is a vinyl self adhesive on a roll the one you can get from a hardware shop or K -Mart, I cut it to size. The width I went was to the the bttom of the factory applied black glare strip just below the rear vision mirror.The shape of the top part of the windscreen made it look better as you can get a nice edge. This vinyl is a bit different to what I have used in the past as it's got a texture too it which is very close to what is on my grill sort of dimply not shiny.
Remember when applying the vinyl to peel back a little at a time then slowly apply and make sure to wipe all the air bubbles out as you go along.
The actual fog lights I bought on E-Bay similar to these ones http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Focus-05-Fiesta-04-Replacement-Fog-Lights-NEW-/390288838063?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5adf070daf then I bought the light surround or bezel from Ford for $19 @ pair, so for about $80 for the lot, Ford wanted over $400 just for the lights.
If you get these light off E-Bay make sure you run a bit of silicone around the edge of the lens as mine leaked a bit of water but now they are OK after applying some extra silicon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm thinking about modifying my grill with black vinyl, here's some before and after shots, only done with temp. tape on the 2nd photo at present. I will show finished product later once I have it done

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm thinking about modifying my grill with black vinyl, here's some before and after shots, only done with temp. tape on the 2nd photo at present. I will show finished product later once I have it done
Looks good. Would you go with matte or gloss vinyl?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks good. Would you go with matte or gloss vinyl?
I have a matt vinyl which is kinda textured looking similar to the finish on the plastic parts of my basic Aussie Focus, it matches real well. I have used it to do the glare strip on the windscreen and the chrome piece on the grill, it is really easy to put on compared to other vinyls I have used.
Just waiting for it to stop sprinkling with rain so I can get to it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a matt vinyl which is kinda textured looking similar to the finish on the plastic parts of my basic Aussie Focus, it matches real well. I have used it to do the glare strip on the windscreen and the chrome piece on the grill, it is really easy to put on compared to other vinyls I have used.
Just waiting for it to stop sprinkling with rain so I can get to it.
Make sure you post pics when things get done, should look great.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got almost finished and down came the rain DOH, I didn't get time to straighten up the edges. I will waite until tomorrow or a better day before tackling it again.Took one photoit doesn't look bad except where I had to rush the edges.

41 - 60 of 431 Posts